Friday, March 4, 2011

Sleepover Accident Pee

Dylan Dog is a snapshot of the meaning


rummage through a stack of comic books worn and outraged by the harassment at home, I found some Dylan Dog survived the decimation nursery. Books are a bit 'of years ago, in a decent condition after all. I was a fan of the suspect critical Craven road, but for which the genius of the narrative, and the originality of the idea of \u200b\u200bSclavi, I could not fully appreciate quell'impasto horror, yellow, humor. I felt the complex dynamics, and in return, many of those stories: literary references generally higher and less high, historical references, nightmares mixed with reality. I came to the conclusion that Dylan Dog was not for me, and for a reason quite clear: many stories I could not understand almost anything. I could not, despite all the goodwill, to find the clue, the link, the meaning. It was almost frustrating, because in those years, the age range from eleven to sixteen, I had a desperate need for meaning. Not that the hours do not have more, but, you know, that requirement urgency has given way to a more open and conciliatory contemplation of so-called textual matter. In other words, with growth, as much of maturation, and that bit of cultural reflection that the time had not yet, first I tried to refine the taste, but on the other I came to realize that the meaning in a work is not always the most important element. The meaning and significance, and has its role and its purpose, but the goal as it aesthetic that any reader / viewer stands, rests on other grounds, in which Dylan Dog (which, as comics are a narrative device as well as sequential art, as he said Eisner) pile up and are confused: These bases are the designs? References? The pleasure of traveling with my mind? I have not found an answer, and maybe not even me find it interesting. As often happens, the real interest lies in trying . To spend an important comparison is not completely meaningless in my opinion, could apply to the hero of Sclavi the same as for the Joyce's Leopold Bloom. With the proper proportions, of course. But we are not dealing in both cases of a story that has little or nothing to do with the plot? Dark narrative paradox.

0 comments:

Post a Comment